Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Artful Reader's Club

OK, I’ve been saying that I want to read more.  In fact, I’ve kind of promised myself I would read two books a month this year. 
 
And so I am!  (I know, I know… it’s only 3 weeks into this year.  I take my victories wherever I can!!)
 
Just a couple days ago I read an interesting post on one of the blogs I follow (http://alteredbooklover.blogspot.com/ ) about an online book club called “The Artful Reader’s Club” (http://art-and-sole.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/the-artful-readers-club.html ).  The challenge to the club is not only to read one book a month, but to then create a piece of art inspired by the book.
 
Now that sounds like fun to me!!
 
So the first thing I need to do as I catch-up with this group is to get my 12 books that I WILL read this year.  Going to have to knock the dust off of some of them!  So without further ado, here are my 12 books for 2013!
 
 
 
A Gathering of Old Men” by Ernest Gaines
The Good Earth” by Pearl Buck
Weep Not, Child” by Ngugi Wa Thiong’o
“The Skies of Pern” by Anne McCaffrey
Take Flight: A SisterChicks’ Devotional” by Robin Jones Gunn & Cindy Hannan
Little Lord Fauntleroy” by Frances Burnett
My Wild Kingdom” by Marlin Perkins
The Bounty: The  True Story of the Mutiny on the Bounty” by Caroline Alexander
The Path Between the Seas” by David McCullough
Wisdom’s Daughters” by Steve Wall
Sewing for Dummies” by Jan Saunders
Echoes of Fury” by Frank Parchman
 
Fortunately I have already read one so now I have to get it in gear and make something creative! 

1 comment:

  1. Thats an interesting group of books, welcome aboard. the january link will be going live in a couple of hours and will remain so until the last friday in feb. You can blog your review and artwork anytime and link into it until that last friday.

    welcome aboard. x

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.